Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Thank God I'm not Creepy

Well it's been a while since I found a jaw droopingly weird website. The last one was Holy Ghost Tees which I'm unhappy to report unfortunately still exists.

Today I found the super creepy Thank God I... site. It's a site looking for writers to tell their inspirational stories, which will eventually go in to "the most Inspirational & Influential book series on the planet!" Which all sounds pretty normal until you see what some of the creepy story titles that they want stories for. Here are a selected few of my favourites...

Thank God My Husband Cheated On Me
Thank God I Had An Abortion
Thank God I was A Teen Mom
Thank God I Was Raised By Two Dads
Thank God I Am A Battered Spouse
Thank God I Was Physically Abused
Thank God I Am Poor
Thank God My Father Left Me
Thank God I Was An Orphan
Thank God I Had A Miscarriage
Thank God I Was Sexually Molested (yes this really is a title)
Thank God I Can't Conceive Children
Thank God My Parents Divorced
Thank God I Am A Bitch
Thank God My Child Has ADD/ADHD
Thank God I Was Incested
Thank God I Had An Affair
Thank God I Went To Jail/Prison
Thank God I Was Emotionally Abused
Thank God My Girlfriend Left Me
Thank God I Masturbate
Thank God I Went Bankrupt
Thank God My Mom Died
Thank God I Am Divorced
Thank God I Have Genital Herpes
Thank God I Don't Have Orgasms
Thank God I Went Broke
Thank God I Had Acne
Thank God I Have A Dysfunctional Family
Thank God I Was Scammed
Thank God I Was Homeless
Thank God I Was Raped
Thank God I Married A Workaholic
Thank God I Have Erectile Dysfunction
Thank God I Am A Drug Addict
Thank God I Married An Alcoholic
Thank God I Am A Sex Addict
Thank God I Have Cancer
Thank God I Am A Gambling Addict
Thank God I Married A Porn Addict
Thank God I Am A Stripper
Thank God I Am A Prescription Drug Addict
Thank God I Am The Child Of An Alcoholic/Addict
Thank God I Have A Small Penis
Thank God I Married A Control Freak
Thank God I Am A Prostitute
Thank God I Am Suicidal
Thank God I Am Fat
Thank God I Have Small Breasts
Thank God I Have Chronic Fatigue Syndrome / Chronic Pain / Chronic Illness
Thank God I Am Physically Disabled
Thank God I Am Depressed
Thank God I Am A Hypochondriac
Thank God I Am A Schizophrenic
Thank God I Am Anorexic and/or Bulimic
Thank God I Have A Speech Impediment
Thank God I Had A Heart Attack
Thank God I Am Bald
Thank God My Husband Died
Thank God I Have Anxiety/Panic Attacks
Thank God My Baby Died
Thank God I Died (I think they may find it hard to find a writer for this one)
Thank God My Soul Mate Died
Thank God I Am Dying
and
Thank God my parents sold me as a child sex slave at the age of four where after a year I had all my limbs cut off on the first day of each month for four months and then was boiled alive in a vat of oil and sold as pork dumplings to unwitting customers at a dodgy fast food shop.

And none of them are made up (except for the last one).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I happen to be an author of this "Creepy" series. Gratitude isn't such a bad thing. Thankfulness for the experiences and the lessons we learn isn't "creepy." It's inspiring. I know the series hasn't launched yet, but once you hear our stories, I think you'll change your tune. Yes, the titles are abrupt and startling and the immediate response is to reject the title and to feel that someone is capitalizing on someone's tragedy, but each author has a genuine story in this series, each one of us has a truly amazing and unique story as I am sure you have one too. I am writing two stories, "Thank God My Father Died" and "Thank God I Was Adopted" ...because if it weren't for those two events in my life...I may not be alive today and I certainly wouldn't be the person I am today, a person which I am proud to be and have come to love. Life is difficult and it's good to know there are other people out there that have not only shared the same struggles, but they have found something beyond acceptance in their hearts, they have found true appreciation to God, or whatever they believe in for that experience and how it has helped them grow in love, in hope, in faith, in character...perhaps even to overcome other obstacles that they may have not realized they were facing at the time. It takes a lot of courage to be an author of your own story.

Anonymous said...

sorry, I don't condone your unseemly use of God as the author of your individual life experience of tragedy or just an outright lifestyle of sin.
You're thanking God that you had an abortion? Or, whatsoever you did that was an abomination in His sight? Come on. Making a profit on the tragedy of others, hmmm, just what Jesus had in mind when He died to pay the price for our redemption from a sinful lifestyle. We can't control a lot of lifes circumstances, but to be blatant and flippant about what you 'thank God' for is using His name in vain.
Tasteless humor and shock reality is so worldly, get a grip on what the devil meant for harm and what God turns around for good, but it's not supposed to profit you, and where will the proceeds go?
Just asking.