Thursday, February 21, 2008

An inspiring atheist's call to appreciate how lucky we are

Cameron Reilly's a hardcore atheist and a great thinker with a big heart.




Reply on Seesmic.


This is a mantra that we all need to be saying to ourselves everyday, people sometimes shriek at the idea that I support a family on less than 50k a year and live in arguably Perth’s most bogan suburb. It’s so easy to start thinking I need a new car rather than one that’s 10 years old, I need to live in a nicer suburb, I need to regular go on interstate or even overseas holidays. This is all a meaningless chasing of the wind. The reality is I’m living the high life it’s just that I spend my time comparing myself to the people richer than me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

so so true, being a new mum I sometimes get caught up in wondring if i `provide ` enough for my child yet when I actually look around I see mountains of toys , clothes , stuffed bears and constant opportunities, yet why do I sometimes worry that can we provide enough. grrr