Friday, August 18, 2006

Annual Review

Well it's just past the second anniversary of "a churchless faith" so I thought I'd do a bit of an annual review or audit.

Things for the year (in no particular order) include...

  1. I became a dad. This has been an amazing experience. There is nothing better than saying hello to someone first thing in the morning and have them smile and kick there legs with excitement because they are so pleased to see you.
  2. I'm regularly going to the same church. They meet every 2nd and 4th Sunday so it means I can play with other things too. I still struggle with church as much as I did in my first post but I think I owe it to my fellow Xns who are actually going to church to hang out with them too. The other things I've been playing with haven't been going so well. With myself and the other main player in the alternative church thing having a baby it's kind of lost steam before it started. We're now going to try and work out what to do. The two families recently got together and had dinner and read a chapter of God is no laughing matter, which I enjoyed, I'd love to do more of that.
  3. I'm half way there to going vegetarian and hope to be there by Christmas.
  4. I've started Meditating - with thanks to world community for Xn Meditation and there podcasts on meditation I'm now doing this 3 times a week.
  5. TV: I bought a bigger flashier one i blame the world cup.
  6. I've started somewhat of a spiritual time table or more accurately a spiritual time budget that, for the last couple of weeks, has helped me do more of the things I want to do and less of the things I don't want to do
  7. A Veggie Garden! The veggie garden needs more love and more knowledge but I'm getting there.
  8. Green Power. I can't afford solar so getting my electricity from natural renewable sources straight from the company has been a great alternative, and it's not that much extra.
  9. Doing spiritual stuff with my computer: I started off a Sceptic but now I read Richard Rohr's Daily reflections every week day.
  10. I've started praying at breakfast every day.
  11. Adult Godly play is still something I'd like to do. It's on the back burner, not forgotten about.
  12. Six degrees of iPod seemed like a good idea but then I lost interest
  13. I bought some Fair trade shoes. I try to buy second hand when I can and fair trade when I can but often the option and labelling is not available.
  14. Depression came back again, and I still need medication at the moment I've also started having recurring dreams about being attacked by animals or people every night. If you know what this means let me know.
  15. I still have a mobile phone but have discovered I have a voice mail service so it's staying turned off more often.

There is probably a lot more as I've been a bit rushed. Let me know if I've left anything off.

No comments: