Speaking of least worst options. I have been convinced by James Lovelock's idea that we need to start using Nuclear Power. Basically the idea is that Green power is the best but Nuclear power is bad but Fossil fuels are even worse and since as a society we are not ready to go completely green, becsue the technology is not good enough yet to meet our escalating power demands and we are not ready to cut down on our power use enough to survive purely on Green Energy.
I suggest we push to...
2020 No use of fossil fuels, all replaced by nuclear
2021 - 2070 Each change the percentage of Nuclear power to Green energy until in 2070 we are using no green energy. Duringt this time we let people know how they are going - setting targets for households and industry alike.
For those in Western Australia watch out for signing up to "Green Energy" as western power has 2 types of green energy.
1. Earth Friendly which they heavily advertise and you can apply for on the net. Earth Friendly energy still uses fossil fuels but western power pledge to plant a few trees to make up for it.
2. Natural Power which I haven't seen mentioned in their advertising, you have to ask for a paper application form (which I did a over a week ago and it still hasn't arrived). Natural power uses natural energy sources such as wind and solar.
They both cost about the same.
I suggest we push to...
2020 No use of fossil fuels, all replaced by nuclear
2021 - 2070 Each change the percentage of Nuclear power to Green energy until in 2070 we are using no green energy. Duringt this time we let people know how they are going - setting targets for households and industry alike.
For those in Western Australia watch out for signing up to "Green Energy" as western power has 2 types of green energy.
1. Earth Friendly which they heavily advertise and you can apply for on the net. Earth Friendly energy still uses fossil fuels but western power pledge to plant a few trees to make up for it.
2. Natural Power which I haven't seen mentioned in their advertising, you have to ask for a paper application form (which I did a over a week ago and it still hasn't arrived). Natural power uses natural energy sources such as wind and solar.
They both cost about the same.
No comments:
Post a Comment