After a slew of social media endorsements I watched "the Bible" TV production that screened last night on Australian TV. I predict churches won't be crowded with newcomers after "the bible" screened on TV. With an unruly character count and lots of death it kind of felt like a series of truncated Game of Thrones episodes but with poor dialogue and a cruel crapucious invisible main character. This main character starts by wiping out the whole world, then the city of Sodom, after a chat with the more compassionate Abraham. Then this main character convinces Abraham to kill his only son only to stop him at the last minute. I stopped watching at that point.
Now, I could go onto explain why I don't think God is cruel and capricious but for this post I'm going to leave that because this is how I think many people will have viewed God after seeing at least this first part of the TV production.
3 comments:
Hi Chris,
Just wondering about what "crapucious" means? It's not a term with which I am familiar.
:) Claire
Hi Claire, crapcrapucious is a relatively new word that neatly combines the word crap and the word capricious. ;-P Spelling mistake fixed
A gift for you....truth.
Our heavenly Father will NOT put any child of his into a hell fire no matter what their sins, whether they repent or not. Sin doesn't scare God! He created it Isa 45:7 to teach us all the knowledge of good and evil Gen 3:22 for our eternal placement in his coming kingdom. Throwing a child of his into a hell fire has never entered the heart or mind of God to ever do such a thing Jer7:31, Jer 19:5. Anyone preaching a hell fire for any child of God has been deceived into teaching lies. The whole world has been believing in a god of hate murder and revenge (The devil Rev 12:9). The true word of God John 1:1 is now delivered Rev 12:5 here http://thegoodtale.blogspot.com/
God chose a woman Rev 12 to be the prophet like unto Moses Num 12:3 and Elijah Matt 17:3, Acts 3:21-23, Luke 1:17. Those professing themselves to be Christians would be wise to hear all Acts 3:23 BEFORE making any judgment. The proof of what I tell you is in the hearing.
The true Gospel is now delivered to you from the wilderness Rev 12:6 as a witness Matt 24:14. Prove ALL things 1 Thes 5:21. Satan has deceived the whole world Rev 12:9 until now. Turn your heart to the children of God for a better placement in God's world Rev 21, Ezek 37:26.
Post a Comment