For seven years or so I've been trying to work out how to connect with the people in my suburb. There are no parks that anyone actually goes to. We have a supermarket, a chemist and a bottle shop and soon we will have another bottle shop. I get on fine with the neighbours but we don't have much in common. And I can't fake a passion for footy, cars, ACDC and rum. We have a local public school and we've chosen not to send our kids there. See this post for exactly why.
Anyway, right now there are eight kids from four different houses in my backyard. Playing with our chickens, cubby house and home made swing set. I haven't seen this in any "thinking missionally" books. I have no idea where all this might go.
Apologies to this guy for stealing the post name.
No comments:
Post a Comment