Thursday, January 15, 2009

What have I been doing - not blogging

There hasn't been a blog post for a while and I thought I'd explain why. I've been using my spare time to play with guitar electronics. Specifically I've moded my amp (Peavey 50 watt classic) a little and built a all in one guitar pedal. The guitar pedal (pictures below) contains a tremolo, booster, fuzz face, tuner, mic preamp (for the mic in my resonator guitar) and a D.I. Well it's all finished now. So I'll be blogging a little more regularly I hope. Below is what the pedal looks like.

the outside of my box

the inside of my box

2 comments:

Like a Mustard Seed said...

Nice! So what sort of music are you hoping to make with that wonderful new toy? Anyone who builds their own effects pedal instantly gets my attention...

Daniel....

Chris said...

It's basically designed for 2 purposes playing solo stuff. Think Tom Waits meets Chris Whitley and Jeff Lang but nowhere near as good (you might have to google the last two). The other is for playing music at Church. Guitar wise I play an acoustic and a resonator both with an inline pickup or microphone and a regular electric guitar pick up that I run through the effects and the amp, so it sounds a little like two guitars playing the same thing. As well as that I bang my feet on a blank of wood with a mic in it that makes a kind of bass drum.