Wednesday, September 10, 2008

An Anglican Hug

On Sunday I got to visit an Anglican church. My visit felt kind of very much like getting a hug from a much loved grandparent (perhaps accentuated by most of the congregation being grandparents). There is a pleasant comfort in the predictability of the Anglican service and the centrality of the gospel reading and communion. However, it's still not something I could be a part of week in week out. But I love coming back every 6 months or so.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Hey Chris :) Cool blog. I actually met you and Nyree a few years ago at AMUC through Steve Mc and co. I hadn't seen Steve in ages but ran into him very randomly a couple of Sunday evenings ago when he was preaching at a friend's church that I have been going to. The Perth Christian community is a pretty small one :)

I have a rather soft spot for Anglicans myself. Went to an Anglican school. Quite like the old/traditional stuff that they're into. And old people are rather lovely too :)

Chris said...

Hey there Jodie,

Yes I do remember you thanks for reading, you have a groovy blog too.