Friday, March 02, 2007

Time to become an Author?

A little while ago Frog Theology suggested that I should set aside time and become an author. To be exact he said "write the book and become the author you have wanted to be."

Like many I probably have sneaking suspicion that I have a well of untapped talent that I am just not using. Now I like to think that this well is long and deep and full of great ideas and potential. But that's just what I'm hoping, maybe it's not. Maybe, if I reached into my well of untapped talent I might only find the ability to write blogs slightly quicker or the ability to write more relevant personal anecdotes that I can attach to my roughly thought out theological ideas. The only thing worse than underachieving, like I tend to do, is to know that if I really tried hard that I'd only improve slightly. That's a thoroughly depressing scenario. So for now I think I'll stick to just blogging and imagining that my well of untapped talent is long a deep well of beautiful fresh water and not a two feet deep muddy bog.

Of course I could be persuaded to change my mind if someone came up with a cool title for a book for me to write. Any Ideas?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

this suggestion may be too obvious, but what about a churchless faith?

Chris said...

Hi Stuart,

Alas that title has already been taken, and in fact predates this blog. I didn't conciously steal the name for my blog. I can't remember if I invented myself or heard it used as an off hand comment somewhere. None the less I'd have to think of another name I think.