Thursday, January 18, 2007

I've found Jesus!

He was at K-Mart and on special too.

This is my daughter playing with Jesus. This photo shot will probably be the last time I let her play with my new toy. I don't want to be in the shopping centre and have her screaming "Daddy daddy I can't find Jesus" and then asking random strangers "excuse me, can you help me find Jesus?". No, this cuddly toy will be for me. Can't wait for some evangelism expert to come to church and ask "So how do you folks introduce your friends to Jesus?" and whilst everyone is in silence I can hold up my new toy and say "Well I find using this plush Jesus is an effective evangelism tool, turning an abstract idea into something more tangible. I haven't had a friend yet who hasn't wanted to give Jesus a hug."

Below is plush Jesus glamour shot if you want a better idea of what he looks like in full glory.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

that is awesome. too funny.

it's also a good way to not share jesus. "he's mine and you can't have him" which is what most churches do on a weekly basis!

great analogy!

Anonymous said...

Wow. WHAT ARE THESE PEOPLE THINKING???? Next thing you know, you'll get a God action figure with your Happy Meal, and you won't even have to get on your knees to manipulate him.