A friend of mine worked for an entire work force (casual labour) that was brought in one by one told that their services were no longer needed and then offered their same job for less pay per hour and without penalty rates. All of the workforce took the offer because they all needed to work.
In a job I was in I was "let go" by having my hours slowly cut becasue I refused to look after a client who needed specific medical supervision. The person who replaced me had even less medical skills than I but was happy to do the supervision anyway.
These are in the soon to be dark days were employees have too much power, I hate to see what happens in the future...
As a foot note when the 38 hr week came in many said that it would decrease productivity because people weren't able to work longer. The opposite happened.
No comments:
Post a Comment