Monday, August 22, 2005

Where is this blog going?

I set this blog up a year ago as a "diary of my journey, trying to work out if I can and how I can be a Xn without being part of a regular Sunday morning or evening church. I know people who are part of home churches, alternative worship services, and more besides. Yet for me and many others I talk to there is something about these new ways of doing church that just doesn't seem to sit right." (quote from my first entry)

And things have deviated some what. I find my self in the throws of planning a church service which while putting a radical spin on a regular church and is perhaps the best way I could think of doing church at the moment. I'm starting to wonder do I actually want to go even if I have thopportunityty to make it as good as I want?
Really there are three things I want to be able to do.

1. Connect with God

2. Grow as a Xn / human

3. Love / serve others

Does it matter if I don't connect with a tradition - that is a prior way of doing things, or just learn from them

Does it matter if I don't "worship" with other Xns - instead growing with and serving others with them?

My greatest struggle is still "How do I introduce others to what I believe?" or, "How do I disciple someone outside of a church withopatronizingtronising?" At the moment I'd say something like "Go to an evangelical church when you are young get jaded with that then go to a liberal church for a whilewithouted wiithout. Now that you've learnt enough from both, go on by yourself."

Perhaps, I need to write a book "How to be a Xn without going to church".

Mmmm...

No comments: