I tried this at home yesterday and loved it (taize music in the background)
1) light candle and read the psalm for the week (the candle is my God candle that I light whenever I want to remind myself that God is in the room with me)
2) Reflect for a while (occasionally writing thoughts down in my journal)
3) Read the Old Testament reading for the week
4) Reflect for a while (occasionally writing thoughts down in my journal)
5) Read the New Testament reading for the week
6) Reflect for a while (occasionally writing thoughts down in my journal)
7) Read the Gospel reading for the week
8) Reflect for a while (occasionally writing thoughts down in my journal)
9) Confess my sins to God
10) Read Luke 22:14,17-20 and have communion
11) Pray for myself
12) Pray for friends and family
13) Pray for the world
14) Wash the feet of another (think of how I can serve God / others this week)
15) Have my feet washed by another (think of how I have been blessed be God / others this week)
16) Finish by saying the prayer of St Francis
Lord, make me an instrument of your peace; where there is hatred, let me sow love; where there is injury, pardon; where there is doubt, faith; where there is despair, hope; where there is darkness, light; and where there is sadness, joy; Grant that I may not so much seek to be consoled as to console;
to be understood, as to understand, to be loved as to love; for it is in giving that we receive, it is in pardoning that we are pardoned, and it is in dying that we are born to eternal life.
1) light candle and read the psalm for the week (the candle is my God candle that I light whenever I want to remind myself that God is in the room with me)
2) Reflect for a while (occasionally writing thoughts down in my journal)
3) Read the Old Testament reading for the week
4) Reflect for a while (occasionally writing thoughts down in my journal)
5) Read the New Testament reading for the week
6) Reflect for a while (occasionally writing thoughts down in my journal)
7) Read the Gospel reading for the week
8) Reflect for a while (occasionally writing thoughts down in my journal)
9) Confess my sins to God
10) Read Luke 22:14,17-20 and have communion
11) Pray for myself
12) Pray for friends and family
13) Pray for the world
14) Wash the feet of another (think of how I can serve God / others this week)
15) Have my feet washed by another (think of how I have been blessed be God / others this week)
16) Finish by saying the prayer of St Francis
Lord, make me an instrument of your peace; where there is hatred, let me sow love; where there is injury, pardon; where there is doubt, faith; where there is despair, hope; where there is darkness, light; and where there is sadness, joy; Grant that I may not so much seek to be consoled as to console;
to be understood, as to understand, to be loved as to love; for it is in giving that we receive, it is in pardoning that we are pardoned, and it is in dying that we are born to eternal life.
No comments:
Post a Comment