Tuesday, March 31, 2009

7 Things for a Better Children and Youth Ministry - 6 - Isolation vs. Incorporation

When its comes to children and youth a good question to ask is who are you doing this for? If you are doing it so YOU can have more young people in YOUR church, that is not a good motivation because you are doing for yourself. If you’re doing it because you have something to share with a young person or someway you wish to serve young people then you’re in with a chance.

It is important for us not to view children and youth as a separate thing to the rest of the church, a group that perhaps will eventually join real church on Sunday Morning.

When children go to Sunday school or a after school kids club group they are going to church. They are meeting with other Xns and growing in faith.

2 comments:

Middo said...

Hey Chris

Even though I haven't commented on your other posts just wanted to say i am enjoying your posts on youth ministry:)

Keep em up!

Chris said...

Hey Middo,

Glad you've enjoyed them. I've basically taken them from a presentation I did to churches about five years ago so I've been wondering if they have been in anyway helpful so thanks for the feedback.