Sunday, April 27, 2008

Me on the News

If you've ever wondered what I do for work here's your chance to find out. This is a news story on the program I spend about 50% of my work life coordinating.

7 comments:

Gary said...

OK now I get it! So, how do you do it? My only exposure to the homeless was many years ago through a church which has a ministry centered on homelessness. It definitely is a draining and often unrewarding effort.

Chris said...

Hey Gary, when you say "So, how do you do it?" Do you mean how do I keep going or what's the mechanics of the program?

Gary said...

I mean, how do you keep going. I can see from numerous previous posts that it has been a struggle.

Chris said...

Well, to be honest when I'm thinking I just want to thrown in the towel I remember that I don't have lots of skills in other areas which means that it's going to be hard to find another job. I also try to remember that I'm pretty lucky to be getting paid to do this kind of work and it's better to frustrated doing stuff like this than doing some kind of dead end office job. Finally, I try to remember that this is the kind of work that takes a lot of effort to see only a little bit of "reward" so to speak and not to set my goals too high and not to blame myself when things out of my control conspire against me to make things difficult or impossible. And last but not least I pray for Wisdom and Strength. Wisdom to know what to do and the strength to see that through.

Hope that helps.

Deb said...

wow...that's realy cool. Keep up the good work, Chris!

Anonymous said...

Wow, keep up the good work!! I was very proud to watch my brother doing such a great job!!

Chris said...

Thanks Tams!