All last week I have felt friggin exhausted (this is not unusual for me). I have felt like this for a week or so, last week couldn't face going to church. I hate the way that depression seems to lurk in the shadows. It was only a fortnight ago when I caught up with an old friend and while talking about the over medication of West Australians, I was considering trying to stop taking my anti depressant medication. I’ve worked seven days straight and I've had to do my work in a way that I'd rather not. I find it really hard when I’m asked to do something or work in a way that clashes with my own values. I wish I could just ignore it but I can’t. This is why I hated being a telephone sales person, I would rather clean toilets than sit in air conditioned call center and annoy people and trying to sell them things they don’t want to buy and don’t need. This week I’ve just had to ride through this. I'm feeling better now but I wish, I could just ignore my conscious and values and just get on with buying a big plasma screen TV.
2 comments:
Hey there Chris,
I have somehow stumbled upon this blog and appreciated his honesty etc, thought you may find something in it too, haven't checked out too much of his writing though.
http://donteatalone.blogspot.com/search/label/depression
p.s. are you guys up for a casual get together soon? Maybe sometime this weekend?
cheers
Tania
Hi Chris, thanks for the comment and encouragement. I can very much relate to how you feel, I constantly feel the uphill battle of motivation.
Post a Comment