I have just discovered the hilarious Mr Deity. Mr Deity is a semi-monthly video series (every two weeks) that looks at God and the Universe with a smile (and sometimes, a wink). It is well written with great production values. There are four Characters God (Mr Deity), Jesus (Jesse), Lucifer (Lucy) and Larry Mr Deity's administration guy. From a theological perspective I find it interesting because I think much of the humor of the show rests on the idea that God is "all powerful and all knowing" that is God is in control of everything and God knows exactly what is going to happen in the future. These are two things that I do not believe and I explore this in the weeks to come, probably with a few lengthy posts. This is something that I have wanted to do for a while and Mr Deity has reminded of the theological tangles and difficulties that you can get into by having the ideas that God is in control of everything and God knows exactly what is going to happen in the future at the foundation of your theology.
No comments:
Post a Comment