Thursday, February 08, 2007

Horrible Realisation

I have come to the realisation that too many people I know are reading this blog. Everyone from my mum, my mother in law, someone from the alpha group I attended (and did not give a too glowing review of) and people high up in the church I'm hanging out with. This kind of makes me a little nervous. Especially when I'm about to tell someone something and they interrupt me saying "yer I know, I read it on your blog". I even had a friend SMS me a response to a post today. So I'm trying not to get discouraged by the fact that the last ten posts have only had one comment.

One of the original ideas of this blog was that it would be an anonymous way for me air my thoughts. Mainly because for me, ill convinced divergent theological thoughts is not always the most comfortable conversation with anyone but your most intimate and trusted friends.

Kurt Cobain had the phrase "If you read you'll judge" written on the front of his journals. I too worry what people might think of me as I expose myself in ways that I wouldn't in a regular conversation with them. I guess I'd like to say feel free to read and feel free to judge, just ask lots of questions in between and don't be scared to wrestle with faith. God won't mind.

6 comments:

Jess Mistress of Mischief said...

I hope you'll let me link to your blog. I really find your writing interesting.

My rector has an awesome blog as well... he's really forward thinking. http://www.stevewood.cc/

Unknown said...

Count me as someone you don't know who gets a lot out of reading your blog!

Chris said...

Helo Jess and ym66 thanks for the comments. Jess, feel very free to link to my blog.

frogtheology said...

sting once said
"i will write and sing till i have nothing left to say. i just hope i have the wisdom when that moment arrives to shut up"
you still have things to say and my challenge to you is as simple and as complicated as you choose to make it - write the book and become the author you have wanted to be since your teens. you have important challenging things to say but this blog is looking more and more like paddling toes in the shallow end of the pool. go become the writer you are desperate to be and rework your time allocation to chasing a dream that you have never really strived for...but i believe you are finally ready to embrace.

Anonymous said...

I'd be another stranger who has you in their RSS reader. I really enjoy reading the blog. You might want to up the Time Budget for blogging a bit. I think it's worth it! :)

Linked you on my site.

Chris said...

Hello Paul,

Thanks for the encouragement!

Frogtheology,

I'll get to your comments a later but if you could be a little less accurate, I'd appreciate it.