A while ago I posted about getting into a rhythm as much as I'd love to be able to draft a timetable for the week that's just not going to happen. Some weeks are really hectic and other weeks are more relaxed some weeks I work nights and some weeks I work weekends. None the less I've decided that in average I can set aside 21 hours of time a week (2 hrs per night and 6 hours per weekend) with which to do stuff that isn't work, sleep, cleaning, eating and hanging out with the family.
So, each week I've allocated time to do different things, these are...
On top of this I'm also either doing a meditation or going for a run and then read part of the Bible each morning. Finally I'm having a cup of tea each day with my wife.
I know this all sounds kind of complicated but I tend to use my time like a teenager with a credit card, focusing on one thing to detriment of everything else. The idea is that this will keep me accountable and I won't be blogging without hanging out with my wife or watching TV instead playing guitar. That in the same way that having a budget has freed me up to spend money more wisely that having a time budget might free me up to spend my time more wisely.
So, each week I've allocated time to do different things, these are...
- 2 hrs for a Date with wife
- 2 hrs for time with extended family
- 2 hrs for time with Friends
- 2 hrs for walking
- 3 hrs for blogging and emailing
- 2 hrs for guitar playing
- 3 hrs for house and garden maintenance
- 2 hrs for TV
- 2 hrs for Church
- 2 hrs for Xn Study or Action (like writing letters for Amnesty)
On top of this I'm also either doing a meditation or going for a run and then read part of the Bible each morning. Finally I'm having a cup of tea each day with my wife.
I know this all sounds kind of complicated but I tend to use my time like a teenager with a credit card, focusing on one thing to detriment of everything else. The idea is that this will keep me accountable and I won't be blogging without hanging out with my wife or watching TV instead playing guitar. That in the same way that having a budget has freed me up to spend money more wisely that having a time budget might free me up to spend my time more wisely.
2 comments:
Wow Chris - sounds like youve put some intense thought into the structure of your week. I have been trying to organise myself a little more, but I think I am failing.
Let me know how you go...
(I am trying to set up www.amuc.blogspot.com, its very simple as I am way new to these things)
Hey there Joshua,
Indeed I have spent a heap of time on this. I went with the same kind of principal behind my financial budget which is really detailed and involves me putting every expense on an excell spread sheet. Although that's a hassle I never worry about and whether we have enough to pay for things. The plan with the time budget is to use it more as a guide or default position rather than something super strict. This is my Time Budget as a pdf.
Post a Comment