Monday, December 04, 2006

Kevin Rudd and Faith

Kevin Rudd has just been elected Australia's new opposition leader just as i have finished reading the article he wrote for The Monthly magazine called Faith in Politics.

Reading his article four things stood out for me...

1) How articulate he is and how badly sound bites represent politicians (I assume he's not the only articulate politician)
2) His well laid out explanation of what arguments Xn politicians usually use to convince Xns to vote for them, why these reasons are weak and an alternative vision for a Xn political agenda.
3) His vision of a muscular and meaningful social responsibility inspired by his hero Dietrich Bonhoeffer.
4) Now that he gas been elected leader I'm excited to see what happens and if nothing happens it will be my totally disillusioned with politics.

I've deliberately not quoted or turned the arguments into sound bites. You can read the article for yourself. Faith in Politics by Kevin Rudd.

No comments: