Tuesday, November 21, 2006

I'm off to catch vomit for a week

Well there will be no blogging for a week as I make my annual pilgrimage to School Leavers week, for work, where I will coordinate volunteers looking after school leavers in trouble. Mainly those too drunk to hang around on the street but not drunk enough to need to go to hospital which in short adds up to 6 long nights of catching vomit for others. You may find it hard to believe but, it's been a bit tricky getting volunteers this year. None the less those who do go find that the leavers are always really surprised and thankful to see people who will to stay up to all hours just to look after them. As St Francis said "Preach the Gospel to all and use words if necessary". Nursing a drunk school leaver back to health is still one of the most gracious activities I have ever had the privilege of taking part in.

4 comments:

The Creature said...

I knew I knew you from somewhere.

I interviewed on camera last year at Dunsborough!

Man that had been bugging me.

Hope all goes well!

Chris said...

Hello Mr Creature,

Ahh, it's a small country town is WA. All at Leavers went well will post about it soon.

Digger said...

Was that with the Red Frogs people? cos I heard a bit about them and am keen to check em out.

Chris said...

Hey there Digger,

It wasn't with the Red Frog people (who we work closely with) but rather Drug ARM WA . More about what we do at Leavers can be found here . The short difference is that we are more Drug and Alcohol focused. If you email me I'll give you a hunbdred and one other reasons why I love being part of the Drug ARM WA Leavers team.