When I was in high school I can remember finding out that one of our metal work teachers thought he was the only true Xn in the whole world. That is pretty weird now and even weirder if your 16 years old. Sometimes I wonder if I am slowly turning into that person, convinced that everyone else has there theology screwed up except for me, happily walking along in a drum line thinking that everyone is out of time with me rather, rather than me being out of time with them. Well, I don't think that I'm that bad I still believe I have plenty to learn off others and that I will change my mind many more times about different issues. What I am feeling is the isolation of my ideas, especially the ideas as a whole package. I can find evangelical friends to agree with me on some bits and liberal friends to agree with on other bits but no one (not with out needing to change their mind - which isn't outside of the realms of possibility) who would agree with my whole package (so to speak).
3 comments:
Ha ha! Well put. I feel like I"m in the same boat. You're not alone. I'm not conservative or liberal or inbetween. I feel like there's a third choice that isn't on the same scale of the others.
It's a position that's hard to describe... but you're not alone!
If everyone thought the same, life would be boring (perhaps even meaningless)
I have asked myself similar questions. If the church has believed one thing for the last 2000 years, or for 1600 years or whatever, why do I think they're all wrong.
Post a Comment