Friday, September 15, 2006

World's Best In Laws

It is quite possible that I have the world's best in laws. They've built a shed for me, made a driveway for me, put in reticulation, let us stay at their beach holiday house and produced a beautiful daughter. But here is the final undeniable proof...

My boyhood fantasy

My new manhood reality

The Yoda backpack is a truly great birthday present.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have you considered Islam, its very disorganised religion! I recommend Koran translated by AJ Arberry and reading Martin lings book called Muhammad (peace and blessings be upon him).

Arthur_Vandelay said...

Have you considered Islam . . .

Around this troll a perimeter create.

Chris said...

Hello Anonymous,
No I haven't considered Islam. I will try to get around to reading the Koran - any recomendations for a good place to start? Or just go from start to finish. Also is the Standard English Version (SEV) translation of the Quran ok? Thanks.

Hello Arthur,
What? (your comment went over my head)

Arthur_Vandelay said...

Sorry: drive-by off-topic posts--particularly those left by the "anonymous" types--just irritate me.

As for the reference . . . is it not grammatically Yodesque enough for you? Then again, I wouldn't blame you for not recognising it--it's from the second worst Star Wars instalment (AOTC). Maybe you're a strictly Original Trilogy man.

Chris said...

Yes I understand the drive-by irritation, recieving only a few comments anyway I try to be pleasant.

I wondered if it was a new trilogy quote. Having seen Episode 1 I vowed not to see 2 and 3. People tried to convince me to see 2 by saying there was a cool fight scene with Yoda. But a couple of minutes of a twirling CIG Yoda doesn't maketh a good movie. So I guess I'm an original 3 purist.

As Yoda would say, "Mmm money hungry he is, Mmm taken by the dark side Mr Lucas was"

Arthur_Vandelay said...

Episodes 2 and 3 were definitely improvements upon Ep. 1. Though that isn't saying much.

(And I have yet to meet a Star Wars fan who isn't an OT purist!)