Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Sunday Sermon

It's all over and yes, I am nuts. It took a couple of weeks but I finally got an answer to the question "Why is there suffering in the world?" and I managed to put it into bite size Sunday morning sermon size. If you want to hear what it sounds like the mp3 is here. The talk started with a slide show of pictures of people suffering with Nirvana singing "Jesus don't want me for a sunbeam" beneath it. The slide show ends with a quote from the book Fight Club, then I start talking. The sound quality isn't great but it's not painful.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I thought your talk was brilliant. I was particularly taken by the call to action - "to cry out and cry with" - as a response to suffering. Well done :-)

Digger said...

What was the quote from Fight Club?

Chris said...

Thanks Mark! That's very kind of you.

Digger, the quote was "You have to consider the possibility that God doesn't like you."

For those who have had trouble with the mP3 link it should now be working.