Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Six Feet Under returns

Six Feet Under is my favourite television drama and after a break of over two years it has now resurfaced on channel nine with no promotion what so ever which meant that I missed episode 1 of the series. Six Feet Under was originally screened in Perth nearly 6 months after the rest of the country as it was bumped for an ultra low budget talk fest footy show. Once it was on it would be frequently interrupted, moved time slots with little announcement and on occasion shown out of sequence. I spent many hours reading the script on the net in order to keep up (I don't have the downloading TV show technology).

Imagine if the latest instalment of the Harry Potter series was delayed two years before it came to Australia and then the Australian printers printed the chapters out of sequence. Or, if the latest Radiohead album was released two years late and a couple of tracks were axed for the Australian release.

According to triple J's Hack Australians are the biggest downloaders of television and it's not hard to see why. Free to air television will struggle in this new age of technology all I ask is that they don't shoot themselves in the foot.

No comments: