With Cameron Crowe writing and directing and with Susan Sarandon as a supporting actor you’d think that the movie would be at least watchable, But no. Perhaps one of the worst movies I have ever seen (and Almost Famous is one of my favourites). Let me explain like this… Have you ever looked at the extras on a DVD and seen lots of extra scenes that got cut from the final movie because they were little tangents or didn’t really contribute anything to the overall narrative. Well Elizabeth town was much like an entire movie of extra scenes with the original narrative being completely gutted from the movie. And, you know how sometime movies have a huge ensemble cast and you feel like you don’t really get to know all of the characters. Well, Elizabeth town was similar only there were really only two characters. Once again Cameron Crowe has chosen a terrific sound track without which I don’t think I would have sat through the first hour or so to get to the final and most watchable part of the film – the road trip. I had no reason to like Orlando Bloom’s character Drew Baylor and whilst Kirsten Dunst’s character Claire was at least likeable I had no idea why she would chase Drew wherever he went. Dear Cam, If it’s not working out on the next movie at least do Almost Famous 2. I know it won’t be as good as the original but at least it won’t be this bad.
No comments:
Post a Comment