Okay so as well as the occasional church surf and long periods of starring at my theological naval I have also been meeting with friends interested in doing some kind of church.
Here is the dilemma...
We all live a long way apart and most are also involved in some kind of church / home group / inetntional community / something else.
We're thinking a monthly meal and quite reflection together to start. The quiet reflection may well be a reworking of the adult godly play idea I mention early in this earlier post.
I think I like this idea as I've been trying to work off my connect, grow and serve model and realising that I want to do these three things plus I'd like to do some or all of these things solo, in a small group and in a large group. At the moment I'm doing all three solo, and I feel I should write more about this perhaps to help any of the solo flyers out there who are trying to work out how they keep their faith alive without being connected to a church. The small and large group stuff is much harder, traditionally people find a large church with smal groups. However there are lots of Xn groups doing good serving stuff so it's not too hard to do some serving as part of a larger group, and finding a small group to meet with is something I have done before without being attached to a larger group, so that's possible but at the moment difficult.
Grr Arrgh I'm not sure if this is making things more compilicated or simple or even if this comes close to filling the "church" holes I have in life.
No comments:
Post a Comment