Monday, August 01, 2005

Creating a new worship service

Okay, so doing the traditional church thing has some pros but will eventually become very frustrating. But I may now have the chance to propose a Sunday night experience / service of sorts. The plan is to create something that is half way between Godly Play and my D.I.Y church entry of sometime ago.

The aim is to create a quite reflective worship space where people with differing levels of faith commitment can connect with God, where all are equal and comfortable to explore spirituality.

I want it to be similar to Godly play in that worship will be about discovering God, rather than being told about God. "In most religious education children are told who God is. In 'Godly Play' children discover who God is." From www.godlyplay.org.uk

More details to follow (when I work them out)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Reading your blog and I figured you'd be interested in advancing your life a bit, call us at 1-206-339-5106. No tests, books or exams, easiest way to get a Bachelors, Masters, MBA, Doctorate or Ph.D in almost any field.

Totally confidential, open 24 hours a day.

Hope to hear from you soon!

Chris said...

Aghh I can't believe I have been blog spammed! I'd like to meet someone with a PHD who didn't have to read a book to get one though.