Friday, February 22, 2013

Dreaming Of The Beauty and Vastness Of The Ocean

I don't want to go to church to build a boat. I don't want to walk through the church doors and discover the plan already laid out. I don't walk to be told "there are plenty of opportunities to volunteer"; sewing the sails or painting the hull. I know there's lots of ways to join in but, I don't want that. No, I want to join with people and dream about the beauty and vastness of the ocean. Maybe I'll build a boat, but maybe I'll go fishing in the shallows, maybe I'll lather my friend in fat so she can swim across the ocean, or maybe I'll build a submarine. I'm sure that you will build a fine boat but I don't want to just choose a role in an already decided plan. No, I want to dream about the beauty and vastness of the ocean.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey wow Chris! I need to do some more dreaming... sometimes I feel like I've been around boat building so long (as good as it is sometimes) I almost don't remember what the Ocean really feels, looks, sounds, smells like.
It'd be cool to catch up for a dreaming session sometime. I'll pass on the fat though! ;-)

Dan L

Chris said...

Hee hee. We'll definitely have do that. :-)