Ain’t No Grave
CHORUS:
G (4 bars)
There Ain’t no grave gonna hold my body down
C (4 bars) G
There ain’t no grave gonna hold my body down
When I hear the trumpet sound
Get up outa the ground
D (4 bars) G
There ain’t no grave gonna hold my body down
Early in the mornin’,
About the break of day
The angels came in glory
And they rolled the stone away
The tomb was all but empty
when the women walked in
Singing Glory Hallelujah
Jesus lives again
About the break of day
The angels came in glory
And they rolled the stone away
The tomb was all but empty
when the women walked in
Singing Glory Hallelujah
Jesus lives again
CHORUS
The Lord Himself from heaven
The Lord Himself from heaven
Descending with a shout
O glory Hallelujah
From the grave He'll call me out
Meet me Jesus meet me
Meet me in the middle of the air
When I go I'll sing and shout
For I'll be welcome there
CHOURS
© Traditional – arrangement Fret Not
Carry Us Over
C G Am
Jesus turn this wine back in to water
C G Am
So we can quench our poor thirsty souls
C G Am
This dessert's dry as hell and getting hotter
C G Am
And the truth is only your love makes us whole
C G
So carry us over the finish line
Dm F
we can see the end but our feet are so tired
C G Am
It's Obvious we're useless on our own
C G
So carry us over the finish line
Dm F
We can see the end but our feet are so tired
C G Am
We don't know how to be sober
C G C
So Jesus Carry us over
But if this wait is gonna kill me
well kill me then and bring me home to you
But if my destiny’s amongst the heathen
Well time me to your rope and pull me through
C G Am
We want to come home
C G Am
We want to come home
C G Dm F
We want to come home
C G C
We want to come home
© Kelli Schaefer
The Light from the Lighthouse
Bb Eb Bb
Let it Shine, let it shine on
F
Let the light from the lighthouse shine on me
Bb Eb Bb
Let it Shine, let it shine on
F Bb
Let the light from the lighthouse shine on me
Bb Eb Bb
Oh, my Lord done just what he said
F
Let the light from the lighthouse shine on me
Bb Eb Bb
He healed the sick and he raised the dead
F Bb
Let the light from the lighthouse shine on me
CHORUS
The Lord has brought good news to the poor
Let your light from the lighthouse shine on me,
He freed the oppressed and opened the prison door
Let your light from the lighthouse shine on me,
CHORUS
I’m gonna love justice, I’m gonna do mercy
Let the light from the lighthouse shine on me
I’m gonna walk with God, gonna walk humbly
Let the light from the lighthouse shine on me
CHORUS
Down to the River to Pray (in F)
(Beatitudes Version)
D A D G
As I went down to the river to pray, Studying about that good old way
D A G D
And who shall wear the robe and crown, Good Lord, show me the way
A D G D
O, sisters, let's go down, let's go down, come on down,
A D G D
O, sisters, let's go down, Down to the river to pray
D A D G
As I went down to the river to pray, Studying about that good old way
D A G D
And how the poor shall wear a crown, Good Lord, show me the way
A D G D
O, brothers, let's go down, let's go down, come on down,
A D G D
O, brothers, let's go down, Down to the river to pray
(other verses identical pattern)
As I went down to the river to pray, Studying about that good old way
And how the meek shall wear a crown, Good Lord, show me the way
O, fathers, let's go down, Let's go down, come on down,
O, fathers, let's go down, Down to the river to pray
As I went down to the river to pray, Studying about the good old way
And the merciful who'll wear a crown, Good Lord, show me the way
O, mothers, let's go down, Let's go down, come on down,
O, mothers, let's go down, Down to the river to pray
As I went down to the river to pray, Studying about the good old way
And the peacemakers who'll wear a crown, Good Lord, show me the way
O, sinners, let's go down, Let's go down, come on down,
O, sinners, let's go down, Down to the river to pray
As I went down to the river to pray, Studying about the good old way
And the pure in heart who'll wear a crown , Good Lord, show me the way
© Traditional – Beatitudes additions – Chris Summerfield
Mary* Don't You Weep
Em B
If I could I surely would
Em
Stand on the rock where Moses stood.
Am Em
Pharaoh’s army got drownded
B Em
Oh Mary don't you weep.
Em B
Oh Mary, don't you weep, no more
Em
Oh Mary, don't you weep, no more
Am Em
Pharaoh’s army got drownded
B Em
Oh Mary don't you weep.
Moses stood on the red sea shore
Smotin' the water with a two by four.
Pharaoh’s army got drownded, Oh Mary don't you weep.
God told Moses what to do
To lead the Hebrew children through.
Pharaoh’s army got drownded, Oh Mary don't you weep.
Brothers and Sisters don't you cry
There'll be good times by and by
Pharaoh’s army got drownded, Oh Mary don't you weep.
CHORUS
Oh Mary don't you weep.
Oh Mary don't you weep.
*Mary of Bethany John 11:32-33
© Traditional – Sinai Mountain Boys arrangement
Rise Up
Many are those who say there is no deliverance in Your name (repeat)
But You, O LORD, are a shield to all who suffer (repeat)
We will cry out to You (repeat)
Rise up, LORD, rise up
and deliver us from all that oppresses!ell it’s a great big beaut
But You, O LORD, are a shield to all who suffer (repeat)
We will cry out to You (repeat)
Rise up, LORD, rise up
and deliver us from all that oppresses!ell it’s a great big beaut
Some Great Day
Isaiah 58
G G7
1. Shout aloud. Tell my people
D7 G
My lips are sealed
Em D7 G B7
While they look for me day after day
Em D C G
Cryin’ Lord, Oh Lord, Oh Lord, Oh Lord
G D7 G
Looking for me day after day.
G G
2. Yes, they ask me for wisdom
D7 G
They fast for a day
Em D7 G B7
But my heart cries out to the poor
Em D C G
While you fast one day, one day, one day
G D7 G D7
My heart cries out to the poor. Oh...
G C
Some day
G C
Lord, on some great day
G
C light will shine
A6 D
Night will turn to day, Oh...
G C
Some day
G C
Lord, on some great day
G
C light will shine
C D7 G D
Night will turn to day.
G G
3. Loose the chains of injustice
D7 G
The poor, set them free
Em D7 G B7
Then the Lord will say “Here am I”
Em D C G
Then your light will shine, will shine like the dawn
G D7 G D7
The Lord will say “Here am I”. Oh...
CHORUS
G G
4. Fight the yoke of oppression
D7 G
Love the poor
Em D7 G B7
Then you’ll find your joy in the Lord
Em D C G
Finding joy, Oh joy, Oh joy, Oh joy
G D7 G D7
You’ll find your joy in the Lord. Oh...
G C
Some day
G C
Lord, on some great day
G
The only tears we’ll cry
A6 D
Are tears of joy, Oh...
G C
Some day
G C
Lord, on some great day
G
The only tears we’ll cry
C D7 G D
Are tears of joy.
© Copyright Paul Gioia 2001
If you like the song you can buy the CD and music book from the Shower of Grace website.
And... of course the song you all want to teach to the 9:30am service.
Lord Must Fix My Soul
G C G
I loved molly louie well I stabbed her with my bowie
D
lord must fix my soul
G C G
I loved molly louie well I stabbed her with my bowie
D G
Lord please fix my soul
C G
Lord must fix my soul turn the s**t into gold
D
lord must fix my soul
G C G
lord must fix my soul turn the s**t into gold
D G
lord please fix my soul
my mother taught me the bible well i shot her with my rifle
lord must fix my soul
my mother taught me the bible well i shot her with my rifle
lord please fix my soul
I loved molly louie well I stabbed her with my bowie
D
lord must fix my soul
G C G
I loved molly louie well I stabbed her with my bowie
D G
Lord please fix my soul
C G
Lord must fix my soul turn the s**t into gold
D
lord must fix my soul
G C G
lord must fix my soul turn the s**t into gold
D G
lord please fix my soul
my mother taught me the bible well i shot her with my rifle
lord must fix my soul
my mother taught me the bible well i shot her with my rifle
lord please fix my soul
I've got a dog named louie well i turned him into chop suey
lord must fix my soul
I've got a dog named louie well i turned him into chop suey
lord please fix my soul
If I can't afford the cocaine I'd shoot gasoline in my veins
lord must fix my soul
If I can't afford the cocaine I'd shoot gasoline in my veins
lord please fix my soul
© Dad Horse
If you like any or all of this music more of these "Valley Songs" can be found on the side bar of this blog on the Pages section (third section from the top).
lord must fix my soul
I've got a dog named louie well i turned him into chop suey
lord please fix my soul
If I can't afford the cocaine I'd shoot gasoline in my veins
lord must fix my soul
If I can't afford the cocaine I'd shoot gasoline in my veins
lord please fix my soul
© Dad Horse
No comments:
Post a Comment