Wednesday, May 19, 2010

More Valley Songs

After Nathan Colquhoun's positive comments about my Valley Song collection I've been inspired to post some more songs. These are all road tested so enjoy.




Ain’t No Grave

CHORUS
There Ain’t no (G 8 bars)grave gonna hold my body down
There ain’t no (C 8 bars)grave gonna hold my body down (G)
When I hear the trumpet sound
Get up outa the ground
There ain’t no (D 8 bars)grave gonna hold my body down (G)

VERSE (G)
The Lord Himself from heaven
Descending with a shout
O glory Hallelujah
From the grave He'll call me out
Meet me Jesus meet me
Meet me in the middle of the air
When I go I'll sing and shout
For I'll be welcome there

© Traditional – arrangement Fret Not





I Saw The Light

I (A)wandered so aimless my heart filled with sin
(D)I wouldn't let my (A)dear Saviour in
(D)Then Jesus came like a stranger in the night
(A)Praise the Lord (E)I saw the (A)light

CHORUS
(A)I saw the light I saw the light
(D)No more darkness (A)no more night
(D)Now I'm so happy no sorrow in sight
(A)Praise the Lord (E)I saw the (A)light

Just like a blind man I wandered alone
Worries and fears I claimed for my own
Then like the blind man that God gave back his sight
Praise the Lord I saw the light

I was a fool to wander and astray
Straight is the gate and narrow the way
Now I have traded the wrong for the right
Praise the lord I saw the light

© Hank Williams – arrangement Dave Crowder




I want Jesus to walk with me

I want (Dm)Jesus to (A7)walk with (Dm)me
I want (F)Jesus to walk with (A7)me
All (Dm)along my pilgrim journey
I want (Dm)Jesus to (A7)walk with (Dm)me

In my trial, Lord, walk with me
In my trials, Lord, walk with me
When the shades of life are falling
Lord, I want Jesus to walk with me

In my sorrow, Lord walk with me
In my sorrows, Lord walk with me
When my heart is aching
Lord, I want Jesus to walk with me

In my troubles, Lord walk with me
In my troubles, Lord walk with me
When my life becomes a burden,
Lord, I want Jesus to walk with me

© Traditional – arrangement Mars Hill Band

2 comments:

NathanColquhoun said...

Woo Hoo! Keep em coming.

www.nathancolquhoun.com

daniel slade said...

dude seriously, you gotta keep this up. it's amazing! i'm at the same community with nathan and we appreciate this stuff so so much.