10 years ago I would have told you that congregational singing is a complete waste of time. Paul Gioia is the man who single handedly changed my mind about this. I've deliberately not included all of the song in the posts because Paul is a friend and it'd be great if he received some album and sheet music sales from this.
Why Do You Love Me?
Psalm 116
CHORUS
(F)Why do you love me (Bb)Even when I (C)hurt you?
(F)Why do you hold me (Bb)When I (C)cry?
(F)Why will you love me (Bb)Until the (C)end of (F)time? (Bb) (C)
(F)I… (Bb)love the (F)Lord… (Bb)for (F)he… has (Bb)heard my (C)voice
(Dm)I will (C7sus4)call on (F)him (Bb)as (F)long as (C)I (Dm)live (C7)
(F)Cords (Bb)of (F)death (Bb)en(F)tan…(Bb)gled (C)me
(Dm)I… (C7sus4)called on the (F)Lord: (Bb)Oh (F)Lord (C)save (F)me! (C7)
CHORUS
God has saved my soul from death
My feet from stumbling, my eyes from tears
That I may walk before the Lord
In the land of the living
CHORUS
How can I repay the Lord?
For all his goodness to me, to me.
I will honour my promise to God
Freed from my chains I’ll praise the Lord!
CHORUS
© Paul Gioia, 1986
Guitar Riff At The Start
F Bb C
----------15-13-------------------|-----------
-------13-------15-13-15-13-------|-15---17---
----14----------------------14----|-15---17---
-15----------------------------15-|-15---17---
----------------------------------|-13---15---
----------------------------------|-----------
No Turning Back
I have (C)decided to (F)follow (C)Jesus;
I have (F)decided to follow (C)Jesus;
I have (C)decided to (F)follow (Am)Jesus; (F)
No turning (C)back, (G)no turning (C)back.
Though I may stumble, I still will follow;
Though I may stumble, I still will follow;
Though I may stumble, I still will follow;
No turning back, no turning back.
Though none go with me, still I will follow;
Though none go with me, still I will follow;
Though none go with me, still I will follow;
No turning back, no turning back.
The world behind me, the cross before me;
The world behind me, the cross before me;
The world behind me, the cross before me;
No turning back, no turning back.
© Traditional – Paul Gioia arrangement
Other Songs of Paul's I've already posted are Face Of The Humbled Poor and Some Great Day.
No comments:
Post a Comment