In accordance with Regulation 2.2.12b your application to become a candidate for Ministry of the Word be deferred with the following conditions which must be satisfied before further consideration of the application:
- you get help in managing your depression
- you become centred in the Uniting Church
- you become centred in your own body
- undertake some training in using breath to centre and speak publicly
I will be requesting further clarification.
5 comments:
Grrr - how amazingly useless! I can't get over how crap people can be at giving feedback. In business, church, life, everywhere - people seem unable to be clear on what they're expecting! How on earth are you supposed to know when you've satisfied those criteria, let alone how they're supposed to know!
I remember going through what you are revealing about yourself and the UCA - different church, in my case, and it was 40 years ago. I have no idea who you are or anything about you other that what I have read here. But what I have read here tells me that "they're" right. You are not ready for public ministry. You wouldn't be talking like this in public if you were. Don't give up, but. Eh? Just take your time. God has the patience of.... well, Job, I suppose. As for april's comment, the feedback is perfectly clear to me. Just slow down, and you really will hear what they're telling you. One more thing - your blog is called A churchless Faith, yet you aspire to ministry in a church. That's interesting.
Hello Mr Greytoes,
Thanks for the comment and reading through the blog. I did wrestle for quite a while about whether I should post about this. I've mainly tried to just be honest and transparent in my journey. I'm really quite willing to accept that the decision is right I certianly have never felt like a regular candidate who obviously fits some kind minister mold. I'm not planning to give up just yet :) I will be slowing down, but I'm still unclear what the comments mean and I'm in the process of seeking futher clarification. Would love to hear your thoughts on what you think they mean.
G'day Chris,
I've replied by email as what I said is too long for inclusion as a comment here.
Go jollily,
tgt
and thanks for the email.
Post a Comment