I finally got around to discovering David Bazan after being recommended by a few US and UK readers. After a few in the listens as background music I couldn't work out what the fuss was about. Then one night I had a bath and listened to the Control album. I was hooked. The lyrics to the song Options just blew me away. His lyrics are consistently great. One of my favourite lines is from the song Forgone Conclusions is...
It's hard to get hold of his music in Australia I was told by a major CD store that "it could take up to 3 months and we can't guarantee getting it in". If you want an introduction to David Bazan that doesn't involve ordering from Amazon check out this live solo performance. To get a feel for the man behind the music check out this Nick and Josh podcast interview.
you were to busy steering the conversation toward the lord
to hear the voice of the spirit begging you to shut the f*** up
It's hard to get hold of his music in Australia I was told by a major CD store that "it could take up to 3 months and we can't guarantee getting it in". If you want an introduction to David Bazan that doesn't involve ordering from Amazon check out this live solo performance. To get a feel for the man behind the music check out this Nick and Josh podcast interview.
No comments:
Post a Comment