Having been in quite a few bands all with lots of potential but eventually fizzling out I had all but given up on playing and writing music. That was until a series of things happened.
Firstly about a week ago I stumbled upon a strangely marked wav file on my computer and played it. It was some slide guitar and I instantly thought that it was some rare Jeff Lang (a guitar hero of mine) song. I thought that until about 2 minutes in when I noticed that the voice faintly singing in the background was a friend of mine and after a couple of bum notes on the guitar I realised that it was me who was playing. Then on the weekend after a short jam with a very talented singer they asked if I wanted to jam on a regular basis. Finally last night having put these two events out of my mind my wife was on the computer and I could hear this great blues riff coming out of the room. "Who's that?" I yelled and ran into the room "That sounds great" I thought to myself. Again that sound was me. My wife had videoed me playing to my little daughter.
Having hung up my guitar thinking that I won't ever amount to anything musically good I'm thinking maybe I should don the groovy flares, pick up my slide and stop doubting myself...
No comments:
Post a Comment