Well I've definitely stopped church surfing for now. I have pretty much since the Church Surf Update 1. Although what I'm doing has kind of changed since that post. I am now doing a slightly altered three prong approach consisting of the emerging church, a D.I.Y at home church and the "a bit too far away church".
The emerging church is moving slowly with myself and another member having babies it has put things on the slow a bit, what's more we both couldn't be at the next Passover meal gathering the church did as our monthly meeting. In the Church Surf Update 1 post I mentioned I'd be going to a local church, well this just didn't quite work out. It just means I'm spreading myself way too thin and not really working on my own spiritual practices just contributing to and critiquing that of others. It's been a while now that I've been going to the "a bit too far away church" as regularly as I can (work commitments often interrupt) and am looking forward to see what may come of this.
I now feeling like I have a solid tripod underneath me. (1) A regular looking church that is established and won't be moving anywhere soon and over which I don't have lots of influence (which is not a bad thing) . (2) An emerging church where I get to wrestle and stumble with others as we try to create something new. (3) My own thing where I can try out stuff before inflicting it on others.
No comments:
Post a Comment