This is really a carry on from my second last post and comments I made to that post.
The question is why would people take spiritual advice from Hollywood stars?
The answer, I think is that Hollywood stars are genuine spiritual travelers. Unlike a church whoever they don't have a barrow to push and could be Buddhist one week and Greek orthodox the next. The point is that they are spiritually lost and have no idea but, they are getting the best advice money can by. For example, they get to meet with the Pope or the Dalai Lama in person rather than get it third hand from a congregation of followers.
The question is why would people take spiritual advice from Hollywood stars?
The answer, I think is that Hollywood stars are genuine spiritual travelers. Unlike a church whoever they don't have a barrow to push and could be Buddhist one week and Greek orthodox the next. The point is that they are spiritually lost and have no idea but, they are getting the best advice money can by. For example, they get to meet with the Pope or the Dalai Lama in person rather than get it third hand from a congregation of followers.
3 comments:
hi chris,
Hamo pointed me towards your blog, i would email you but couldnt find a link to your address. :-)
I am looking to hook up with people at the southern end of the freeway who have, in Alan Hirch's terms 'similar DNA' to my own. I love your questions and thinking on your blog and would love to do coffee with you.
drop me a line rooie@tpg.com.au
cheers.
Curios post. Of course, there is a lot of truth in what you have said.
As an American, I see people take all kinds of advice from Hollywood--what insurance to buy, what car to drive, where to eat...
I think a better question to ask is "why do people take any advice from hollywood??"
That is an interesting question and one that is a bit hard to answer from an Autralian perspective. I don't think we idolise our TV and movie stars as much as other countries do. I think Australians might trust a company that has enough money to pay a movie star to flog one of their products.
Post a Comment