Recently I got to go to a friendly Baptist Church. Even before the service started I had an urge to be part of a traditional Anglican communion (there was no communion at the service). I’m thinking that ritual will need to be an important part of a churchless faith. Those with a church less faith do not have a homogenous set of beliefs, and unlike say more fundamentalist churches, so we need something in common. I am wondering what a Sabbath ritual might look like contain. Here are my first thoughts...
Lighting of a Candle
Opening prayer
Journal by ourselves for an extended period (thinking about what God has taught me this week?) then discuss
Read from Lectionary readings and discuss
Listen to read a contemporary Xn thinker (group takes it in turns to provide)
Prayer of Confession
Communion
Prayer for others (intersession)
Foot washing
Prayer to end
Blow out candle
No comments:
Post a Comment