Wednesday, January 28, 2009

At the City of Churches to view a Big Tent

1000 years ago churches were built like this...
150 years ago churches were built like this...
Last week I went to Adelaide to have a look at a large tent. a bit like this...
only without the mad hatters theme. Why? to build a church. The church community I’m hanging out with is looking to build a church the structure of this type of building is like a big meccano set which makes it very easy extend or change around. Having seen lots of church buildings that had been purpose built to the needs of the church in 1974 (or whenever the church was built) and now fail to meet the current needs this is a great idea. I think it will be a brave experiment to see the building go up and how it might change over the years as the community changes. What I like to call "a big tent" is actually a Hoker structure. It's the structure that the cars and very rich spectators will be in for the Adelaide Grand Prix. See here for more info.

No comments: