This morning I arrived at work having listened a Kevin Smith podcast. If you’re familiar with Kevin Smith’s films you’ll know his brand of humor is not the kind of thing that I could share with any of my good Xn colleges. This reminded me of a friend who told me what I considered the perfect private joke. One day at high school he told me he would never marry a charismatic woman, when I asked “why?” he said, “could you imagine having sex with her?” After giving him a somewhat confused look he did some sexual motions whilst yelling "praise the lord" and "thank you Jesus". “It'd be too off putting”, he explained. I thought his joke was hilarious but sadly realised I wouldn't be able to share it with anyone. All the non Xns I knew wouldn't get it and the Xns I knew wouldn't think it was appropriate. Now 20 years later I’m sharing it with the world… You probably had to be there though.
1 comment:
Puts a whole new spin on the concept of "speaking in tongues," doesn't it?
Post a Comment