Last night I sat down hoping to see the first episode of Weeds season 2. I don't what a lot of TV and this is the best American or UK TV drama for the last couple of years. This week was the first time I saw it mentioned in the paper and channel 9 has not advertised it what so ever and they have buried it at 11pm on Monday night. Alas it was episode 5. Previously I have whinged about the delay in screening programs like six feet under and Weeds. In America Weeds is up to Season 4. Mostly I can put up with waiting for a TV show to arrive put it's the lack of advertising combined with putting it in obscure time slots and the occasional out of order running of programs. Shaun Mcaileff explains how channel 9 does it's programming in this clip - you have to fast forward to 2:05 to see it.
Surely this pain could be easily averted by setting up an email service where viewers are emailed a reminder when their favourite shows return? Having missed out on the main character getting married and her son getting his girl friend pregnant I can either give up on the show having missed so much of the back story or try an hire the DVDs or download the episodes. If I get either of these formats for the first half of the season why not the second half as well.
My second gripe is the shows TV actually show. If they are not buried at 11pm they are ignored completely. The Flight of the Conchords is a prime example of this (see clip below). Surely with two New Zealanders in the lead role we could try and claim that the show is Australian like we did with the band Crowded House. Instead we are inflicted with more crime investigation "NCIS vs CSI in Kentucky" or whatever is the latest variation.
Again I'm forced to find the show elsewhere. The easiest probably being to watch it on you tube, on a tiny screen having to find the next part of the program every five minutes. painful to say the least. The internet isn't killing TV, TV is killing TV.
2 comments:
Chris,
I wanted you to know that I really enjoyed reading your blog and that I look forward to reading more so I added your blog to my favorites list. God bless you as you serve God Almighty. May he bless you in countless ways you have never known before. I hope you have a blessed week in the Lord Jesus Christ.
Thanks preacherman.
Post a Comment