Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Alpha Again?

Having had a mixed time with my first Alpha experience I've been ask to lead another Alpha course this time with a twist, no Nicky Gumbel. The idea is that we'll do the presentations ourselves. I know this is a very unalpha approach but I'm keen to try it. Will let you know how this progresses.

3 comments:

The Blogger said...

Good on you Chris! I'll be interested to hear how it goes. I don't know whether the video format adds or detracts from the effectiveness of Alpha. (I find Nicky charming, despite his wishy washy theology; I know others have other feelings. :) )

Chris said...

Actually now it looks like the revolution is on hold and the group is going ahead with videos. I'm not a video fan because they are long and I don't think they give a sense of the rich tapestry of Xn theology. Despite being a complete dag and clashing theologically a few times I didn't mind Nicky either. He's not trying to be anything other than a daggy Anglican minister. Yer I'm not sure I could handle another illustration about playing squash.

Jess Mistress of Mischief said...

Excellent. That's how we're doing it and it works great. It's nice to get the personal perspectives of real people. Nicky is awesome, but there is something to be said for having someone up there relating their own personal story; it helps people reach out and touch God in a very tangible way.