Thursday, October 12, 2006

iCrash7 error 1418

I have fallen victim to the dreaded Error 1418 on my iPod. So i now on a very expensive bit of metal and plastic usefull for play solitare on and that's about it. Apart from my obvious anger at having an expensive piece of equipment being rendered usesless by the software of the company that made the product, I am amazed at how often I use the thing, about 8 hrs a week mostly in the car, listening to podcasts, music and the bible. Tommorrow is my wife's Birthday and today I was going to buy her an iShuffle today, which I'm not going do now.

Grr Apple.

So do I (a) try and think of an alternative 30th Birthday present? Or (b) give my wife the whole apple stole your present but they might fix it up later story?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'd pick B and tell her that your love is a gift enough. If that doesn't work, leave the country, and assume another identity.

Anonymous said...

No way !
For a potential fix, go to http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?messageID=3191414 and search for "Posted: Sep 26, 2006 12:14 PM" in the page.
Maybe its just first generation, or you could get an iRiver or something instead ? See ya tonight.

Sister Mary Martha said...

I'm sorry about your IPod. Offer it up, as we say here at the convent.

I was reading your older post about Satan and thought this post might interest you
http://asksistermarymartha.blogspot.com/2006/08/war-in-heaven.html

Chris said...

Stuart I picked B and plan to get her something else just late. Thanks for the link Gary. It got me half way there. iTunes now recognises my ipod as wiped off all the old music and now cannot put new music on. So now I really do have a very expensive bit of metal and plastic usefull for playing solitare on and that's it.