Sunday, September 18, 2005

Connect, Grow and Serve

Well the Blog has been slow but life has been fast. Connect, grow and serve has become my new mantra. As a Christian I want to connect with God, grow as a Xn (and as a human) and serve (love) others. The worship service I devised is getting close to fruition and I'm not sure that I want to go ahead with it. Very few people get the oppurtuinity to dream up a worship service after only being involved in a church a short while and then have them pretty enthusiastic to take it on, yet I'm feeling throughly nonchalant about the whole thing. My concern is the economics of time. I'm worried that the hours that I and others will spend in getting the thing together and my be better spent in other ways. I just feel that there must be easier ways to connect to God and easier ways to offer others a meaningful connection with God. There must be easier ways to grow and I am certian that there are easier ways to serve. I'm not sure if I can get to the end of my life and say I created a groovy worship service at the expense of catching up with a lonely pensioner friend or chasing up a homeless guy I met the other day. Grrr Aggh

No comments: