Saturday, March 26, 2005

What would you do if church was closed?

I stumbled upon this article on small ritual where this question was asked...

"If all forms of church were closed down for ten years, what would you do to maintain and express your faith?"

This is a great question for all Christians to ask particularly Christians of the evangelical missional emerging church varirty. I think often the drive for doing unorthodox or emerging church has been from a "how do we get more people to become Xns at this time in this culture" mind set, and not so much from a "How do I be a Xn at this time in this culture?" mind set. Which, is a much larger question that encompasses the first question anyway and has a stronger connection with the question.

Secondly I think it's worth asking... "Are you doing those things now and if not what would happen if you did and you stopped participating in all forms of Church?"

No comments: