So what does it mean to be a white male heterosexual Xn in a western country in the 21st Century.
My problem is two fold. Firstly I personally have nothing to fight for. What position of power would it be difficult for me to obtain due to my race, religion, sex or sexuality? Secondly I don’t want to take the positions of power that are on offer.
I don’t want to be a Pastor who controls a church or be part of a political party (or any other organisation) with the honorable goal of changing the party (organisation) from within. Apart from being a near impossible task do, it means that I have to believe that the organisation (or even the world) would be a whole lot better if they thought and acted more like me. Not only do I think that I am not that clever, but I want to work collectively with others.
Alas, at the moment I am one lone blogging voice, that nearly no one reads.
No comments:
Post a Comment