Individuals, Small missions and a Collective gathering. Usually we ten to start with the collective gathering and then try and get small groups happening and then try and usually not pay too much attention to to individual action. This certainly makes sense as far as economies of scale go. Rather than start from the big and work down I'd like to try starting from the individual and working up to the collective gathering. This is what I'm thinking at the moment...
- Read the Bible (all members reading the same things - of course you can read more)
- Pray (all members praying for the same things - of course you can pray for more)
- Do 3 acts of kindness a week
So these could include a group that does...
- A bread run
- An art group
- A playgroup
- Visit prisoners
- An amnesty letter writing group
- Windsurfing with the aim to reach out to the local windsurfing community group
- Walking their dogs in the local suburb with aim of reaching out to the local community
- Plan / talk about the mission
- be accountable to each other about the individual rhythms
- Anything else like wrestle with particular issues or listen guest speakers (virtual or real)
So this is the big Sunday Service replacement... Once a fortnight perhaps or so...
- Eat a shared meal
- Share stories of the mission / group
- Pray for each other